Saturday, March 9, 2019

Week 3 Part 1

Yes, I have had one particular negative experience communicating with a seller on Amazon. I was searching for
a particular storage case for my record collection. I found that Amazon had literally one left in stock from a
seemingly sketchy seller, they didn't receive good reviews. I took a shot and placed an order for it anyways. I
received an email days later that they didn't have the item that was listed and would send me a pink one if I still
wanted. I said no, they took 2 weeks to cancel my order. I was very direct in my emails and they wouldn't give me
any answers. So, after my refund was returned they reached out to me to tell me they had the gray color back in
stock. I was shocked at how promptly they were able to respond and engage with me trying to make a sale but
took weeks when it was a matter of getting my refund.


 If a company has a team dedicated to keeping up with customers inquiries then yes, social media can make it
easier to get a problem solved. Writing a bad but honest review on Amazon usually grabs the sellers attention as
it will affect their sales.
 Yes, when ordering a ring online I was very hesitant to buy because I didn’t know if the size would be right.  I
DM’d the seller on Instagram and she was so thorough and kind even provided examples and promised that if the
ring didn’t fit she would personally issue a call tag to return the ring and exchange for a different size until it was
perfect.
 I handle the Facebook and Amazon inquiries for the company I work for and can say from experience that it is
more effective to respond to negative reviews than positive ones. Responding to negative reviews shows your
consumers that you care and are willing to make things right.
 My negative experience was due to the delay in response and just an overall shady seller that made the buying
process miserable. My positive experience left me aiming to come back to the company and continue to support
their business. The seller showed that she cared about her product and wanted her customers to enjoy it. This
was a huge difference from the Amazon seller who wanted to ship me out pink when I ordered gray. They totally
disregarded what I ordered and wanted just to make a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 7

Visit the FaceBook Business pages of your group members (the groups have changed, please check out the updated Class Links). Read their p...