Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 1 Part 1

I chose a template from the "Soho" category because I personally love minimalism. The display icon for this blog theme originally depicted a gray cat as the background. After playing around with the customize feature I found a bamboo picture that is much more my speed. I know that it may appear boring to some, but it's a great representation of how I like things; clean and natural. 

When I initially started reviewing all the options that blogger.com gives you to set as your theme, I loved so many different styles. I almost considered a full pink page. However, I took note of step 5 for this Project Activity which stated to choose a blog that has easy access to the posts that will be added throughout the term. So with that in mind, I reverted from an all pink blog and went for something more straight forward. 

I am happy with my choice and will continue to make changes as the course progresses to ensure it is easily accessible to others. I look forward to learning from this class and adding much more content to this blog. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Destiny,
    I don't think your blog is boring at all. I like the bamboo picture. Reminds me of a clean natural environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Destiny!
    I like the theme you ended up choosing. It's tough to both portray minimalism while also adding your own touch of personality. I think you did a good job with both. I can definitely see the "clean and natural" look you're going for. I'm looking forward to see how your blog grows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple, minimalist look of your blog, Destiny. It comes across as very clean and easy to read, without being too basic. I'm looking forward to seeing how your blog adapts throughout the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Destiny,
    I totally like the idea of having bamboo in your background, it creates a calm surrounding. Also, i like how you keep it simple and to the point. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your template as it reminded me of mediating, I enjoyed your thought process in picking your blog. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I really love this theme and it's really nice/simple. I feel like having that minialism and I don't think having a blog that is simple; makes it boring. I think it's based on the content of the blog and how much you put into your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Week 7

Visit the FaceBook Business pages of your group members (the groups have changed, please check out the updated Class Links). Read their p...